It’s a beautiful day here in NYC as I sit in my un-air-conditioned dorm room with 3 fans cooking up a gourmet environment with only hot and stagnant air as ingredients.
What have I been doing up here in the city for the past month? A collection of things really…
1) Loving my job. Although it could sound facetious, it’s connotation is anything but. The team is full of good people, the work is constant, and I’m learning. Not much more I could ask for. I even get to write on the Ogilvy Entertainment Blog every Tuesday.
2) Going to Brooklyn Museum. Went there this past Saturday for an Andy Warhol exhibit, not realizing that there’d be a block party outside — complete with over a thousand people, and 80s music and hip-hop.
3) Went on the Norwegian Epic for the Macy’s 4th of July event. Free food. Free drinks. Enrique Iglesias. All on a brand new 18 story cruise ship. Only disappointment was that Bieber was supposed to be there, but he was pre-taped instead. Not cool.
4) Living next to Greenwich Village. Home to the most fabulous individuals I’ve ever seen. Jorts. Patent leather. Dance-offs. Spats. Cross-dressers. The Works. It keeps things entertaining, but be careful, someone got jumped by a glitter gang last week.
5) Drinking Black Russians. Not as many as I’d like, but it’s become my new staple. Never had one before? Fail.
6) Being asked where I’m from. So I guess I have a Texas accent now, because following just one sentence, everyone questions it. At first I denied it, now I’m just beefin’ it up for theatrics.
7) Gazing dreaminly across the Brooklyn Bridge at the Manhattan skyline. Phenomenal.
8) Tighting. Been all over the city with old friends and new. Freeman and I were in Central Park for 5 hours a few days ago. Fleisch has been playing chess against random homeless guys in Union Square. Was up in the W hotel for Megan’s birthday. This city has been good to us.
That’s it for now. Much Love. Miss y’all.